10.03.2010

A song for Sue

A BLOGGER NAMED SUE
(A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash)

My bloggin’ began when I got fed up
With right-wing crap and Fox News pulp.
Just the same old rhetoric and phoney news.
Now, my nemesis couldn’t be any tanner,
And the meanest thing his daddy ever did
Was to give this country a boy named Boehner.

Well, he must o' thought that was quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal like Lisa comments, and I see red.
Glenn Beck whines, and I could bust his head.
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a blogger named Sue.

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,
My fist got hard and my wits got keen.
I keep on posting to ease my trauma
As I fight for America and a man named Obama.
Well, I’ll search the Web and expose the shame
Of the F-N wingnuts makin’ fun of his name.

This song could get longer than most,
But I just sat down to write a post.
I thought I’d stop and check the morning news.
A guy named McConnell had me all in a stew.
Don’t mess with a Jersey girl named Sue.

I got all fired up, and ready to pen it,
Going after that jerk on the floor of the Senate.
Couldn’t handle his radical point of view.
My sweet little Amelia came in to play.
Maybe she’ll grow up one day
To be a blogger like her “gamma” Sue.
Or first lady or president …
Oh, man …
Anything but a “Rethuglican!”

***

Hear Johnny Cash sing “A Boy Named Sue” on YouTube.

4 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

ROFL! This is the best yet. Fits our friend Sue to a T.

Sue said...

OMG! That is tooo funny BJ! Thanks for my song, love it!

Tiny said...

ROTFLMAO! Tiny thinks this one should be sung from the well of congress. Now that would raise a lot of dander in DC.

BJ, Tiny thinks you've found your second career groove. Submit these to the good ole C&W singers. Just be sure you get your royalties from them!

Frodo, and June Carter singin' along said...

Ha! Chris Matthews would be speechless. Frodo certainly is, and he's wondering how he almost missed this. Frodo has to admit that he would've never thought of Sue as a boy.