Sharing this from the staff at THE PROGRESS REPORT, Center for American Progress, 25 November 2009:
27 REASONS TO GIVE THANKS
1. We're thankful President Obama is thinking long and hard about committing more troops and money to Afghanistan.
2. We're thankful President Bush feels liberated now.
3. We're (not) thankful Dick Cheney has elected to move from his undisclosed location to the media spotlight.
4. We're thankful Al Franken has gone from playing self-help guru Stuart Smalley on Saturday Night Live to helping rape victims receive justice from their employers.
5. We're thankful for the healing power of beer.
6. We're thankful there are some on the right who think Glenn Beck is "incoherent," "mindless," "erratic," "bizarre" and "harmful to the conservative movement."
7. We're thankful for long hikes on the Appalachian Trail.
8. We're thankful Michael Steele understands that he can't "do policy" and that no one has any reason to trust his "words or actions."
9. We're (not) thankful for "birthers," "deathers," "tenthers," or "tea baggers."
10. We're (not) thankful conservatives believe they love America so much that they can root for our President to fail and for our nation to lose out on hosting the Olympics.
11. We're thankful NFL players refused to "bend over and grab the ankles" for Rush Limbaugh.
12. We're thankful six companies have resigned from the Chamber of Commerce due to its denial of climate change science.
13. We're thankful Falcon "Balloon boy" Heene wasn't actually in the balloon.
14. We're thankful Lt. Dan Choi and Lt. Col Victor Fehrenbach bravely spoke out against Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
15. We're thankful Shep Smith doesn't always drink the Fox News Kool-Aid.
16. We're thankful more than 80 companies refused to lend their sponsorship to Glenn Beck's hateful rants.
17. We're thankful there are progressive organizations in D.C. lobbying for a two-state solution in the Middle East.
18. We're (not) thankful for the filibuster.
19. We're thankful that more than 20,000 of you stood up to Bill O'Reilly's harassment machine and called for impeachment hearings against torture advocate Jay Bybee.
20. We're thankful that Iran's authoritarian rulers live in fear of their own population.
21. We're thankful we'll no longer have to listen to nativist rhetoric on CNN and global warming skepticism on ABC News.
22. We're (not) thankful for bailed out CEOs who think they're doing "God's work" by doling out billions in bonuses.
23. We're thankful for the legacy of the Liberal Lion.
24. We're thankful Bill O'Reilly won't be following us home for Thanksgiving.
25. We're thankful a "wise Latina" sits on the Supreme Court.
26. We're thankful our boss helped rescue imprisoned American journalists in North Korea.
27. We're thankful for our readers and the support you give us.
I am thankful for each of you who keep coming back to DemWit and for your comments which add so much to this blog.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! See you Monday!