10.27.2008

The greatest nation

“America didn’t become the greatest nation on earth by using your money to spread the wealth around.” – John McCain, campaign speeches, October 2008.

YES, IT DID!

That’s exactly how it became the greatest nation on earth, and that’s how it will remain the greatest nation on earth.

“We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

That’s how we got the name “United States.” And, that’s where your money goes. And, we all share in the wealth.

THINK ABOUT IT!

3 comments:

airth10 said...

Great observation BJ. And it is amazing how 'conservatives' keep deluding themselves about this reality, about America being great because it did spread the wealth.

Anonymous said...

I guess I will always have a certain amount of consternation about how the wealth is spread around and, therefore, who gets to benefit. There's a difference. Bauk.

Anonymous said...

Like it or not, we as humans are interdependent on each other. This is taught in all the spiritual teachings. "If you have two coats, give your brother one. If you love me, feed my sheep. I was naked, you clothed me. I was hungry, you fed me. I was sick and in prison, you visited me. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, etc."

This does not say be greedy and hoard, steal from the less fortunate to give to the rich, (which is what this administration and big corporations have done). Nor does it say to rob and ignore widows and orphans.Rather, it tell us to "take care of the sick and infirm."

Greed is the product of fear. Fear that the greedy will never have enough! How many million, billion, trillion dollars can one spend. We can live in only one house at a time, drive one car at a time, and wear only one outfit at a time.

The Master Teacher excoriated the clergy and pointed out their hypocracy and rebuked them for stealing from the widows amd orphans so they could sit before men in the high seats honor, then went home with a prostitute to have dinner with her and her family.

Pope Pious XIII called the clergy a sty of pigs." I concur with both the Master Teacher and Pope Pious XIII.

Having said this, I would advice each person to do some deep soul searching. How, exactly, do you treat your fellow human beings?

The answer to this will show the world your true character. As Jesus said, "As you do unto the least of these...ye do unto me." This is the measuring rod that shows the world your relationship to our Creator. Not a very pretty picture for far too many in our society.

I rest my case.

Jan